Sunday, July 25, 2010

This week was great!

This week has been so much fun, I finally feel like I am connecting with people. I have met some pretty great people since being here. On tuesday night I was invited by my supervisor to go to a free local concert at a wildlife reserve thing. It was a blast! The band played Jazz, and all of the people there were son nice! We went and got some dinner to eat there and enjoyed ourselves! This week I have also gotten to know some of my kids pretty well. It's kind of amazing some of the stories that kids tell me about their home lives. Some stories I've heard and witnessed some things that just break your heart! For our field trip on thursday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. It is a pretty cool zoo and it's free to the public, they have cool brick buildings that have large exhibits in them. Being with about 30 kids in our group it was hard to move through the zoo so we only got to see a few exhibits. It rained a little while we were there so we brought trash bags for the kids to use as ponchos, I have pictures of my kids with trash bags on, it's pretty funny! And after all the work to get the garbage bags on, it didn't even rain for 5 minutes. Awesome. And let me tell you, it was HOT oh man it was pretty miserable. I was hot, the kids were hot, and it was 98% humidity! The bus ride home may have been the worst part. I was in the back of the bus and it was hot, sitting in traffic, and hitting bumps started to make me sick. I don't usually get car sick but I totally did while I was on that bus!

This weekend has been pretty low key. Friday night we hung out with some sailors and BBQed. Saturday we went to Gurnee Mills and went and watched Inception. I highly recommend that move! It was amazing! then we did a little shopping, I bought a case for my phone! Ha surprise surprise! I think today we are going to go to the beach with some sailors and play some volleyball.

This should be an interesting week, my friend Jessica and I were in charge of planning all of this weeks activities. I'm kind of nervous, and I hope that this week goes well!

(Morgan me and Jessica)

(Concert Venue)

(sunset reflection on the lake)

No comments:

Post a Comment