Friday, August 13, 2010

It's been a while...

(Birthday dinner)
(At the bean)
(Bean)
(Being tourist on my birthday)
(Waiting at cheesecake factory)
(Cheesecake)
(Drench the Counselor)
(All of the girls for Jessica's Birthday dinner)


Sorry I haven't posted in so long, I don't have great internet in my BEQ and I'm pretty sure it got shut off for a while. After we move out they are tearing down the building and rebuilding a new one. Therefore, they do not repair anything and just shut things off with out telling us!

A lot has happened since my last post! My weeks have been very busy, and my kids are crazy. One weekend we took it easy and just went to the local mall, did a little shopping and watched a movie. All I have to say is go see Inception, it's amazing. Salt is good too, but Despicable me is THE BEST. I laughed the entire movie! Lets see.. Last week I went out to dinner and a group of us went to this nice Japanese restaurant. Grammy would be proud of me, I tried everything that was on my plate infront of me! Even sushi, I don't like sushi.

We went into the city weekend before last to go up Hancock tower and Sears tower at night. We caught a later train and headed into the city to do a little shopping. I got shoes, weird right? We walked around for a bit, but since we didn't know what was in the area we went to Cheesecake Factory because we knew where it was. Bad choice. We were below the Hancock tower and should have gone to the top while we were waiting for our table for two hours. So we were waiting for two hours, with nothing to do and it was freezing. My friend Lauren and I decided that we wanted Chicago sweatshirts anyways so we went in and bought them to keep ourselves warm! Once we finally got seated it took forever to get out food, and it wasn't good. It was awful actually. After dinner we tried to go up the Hancock tower but that ended up not working either. The sign says that they are open until 11, 365 days a year. It was 10:30 and the gates were locked. Fantastic. So we just decided to make our way back to our train and head back. We thought that there was an 11:35 train back to base. We ended up running to make sure we caught the train, once we got inside we found out that the 11:35 train doesn't exist and the next train wasn't until 12:35. Awesome. So we sat, with mostly sailors, and waited for the train. There was a good mix of people to just sit and watch, the Bon Jovi concert was that night too so those fans were waiting for the train as well. Late night on the train equals amazing conversations to listen to. The man sitting in front of me takes off his shoes and socks and just starts pulling 100 dollar bills out of them. WEIRD! I asked him if I could have some but he didn't think I was too funny..

The next week of work was the easiest week that I've had. The most kids I had all week was 7, and they were my better behaved kids. Why can't every week be like that? I had energy to do things after work. Work was fun!

For my birthday we headed into the city to do some more touristy things! We went to the bean, which was super fun. Did some shopping, I'm really good at shopping. I found a Rock Bottom Brewery so everyone went there and had dinner there! SO good. :) good choice Kelsey.

This week of work has been a complete 360 from last week. My kids are all back, and they have been awful. I don't know what it is but I think the entire camp forgot how to act at camp over the weekend! Not only has it been a stressful week but my favorite girl left me :( She went back to Louisiana to her mom. I really didn't want her to go, I'm going to miss her so much. And the hard thing about kids leaving is that I will never see these kids again. I wont be back here next summer.. I don't want to leave these kids yet! This weeks field trip was easily the worst field trip that we have had. We went to the Botanical gardens, and it was hot. Uncomfortable hot. Almost everyone one of my kids had a meltdown. Screaming, crying, throwing themselves on the ground kind of meltdown. The heat did not help anything, my kids were a mess. I finally just started pouring water on their heads to help cool them down. By the end of the day I wanted to have my own meltdown and cry too!

Today, we are doing soak the counselor which is fun. And way better than cream the counselor because I don't have to smell curdling whipped cream! and the kids love it! This weekend we hare heading to six flags again. We are going to spend one last day at the beach too! It's weird that this is my last weekend here with camp. Next week is going to be really hard for everyone and I can't say that I'm looking forward to saying good bye. I am excited to see my family though. After this week I am pretty homesick!


No comments:

Post a Comment